*** CHANGES ARE COMING TO OUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION
PLEASE GET READY TO APPLY IN JANUARY 2024, YOU WILL NEED TO SECURE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS/INFORMATION IN ORDER TO APPLY:
1. Proof of acceptance letter or conditional acceptance from post-secondary institution.
2. Copy of your most recent school transcripts.
3. Proof of Bermudian Citizenship.
4. Proof of 5 years of education/schooling in Bermuda.
5. Secure two personal references or letters of recommendation.
6. Please provide a resume detailing any work experience, community service and extra curriculars.
7. You will be asked to provide an essay response to BOTH questions below, each response should be no more than 300 words per response:
- Please explain why you feel you are deserving of receiving a Centennial Scholarship.
- Please explain why you selected your post-secondary school, focusing on your specific programme and why you think this is the right fit for you.
Please note: Scholarship funds are intended for the costs of tuition, room and board, and travel to and from the place of study. Scholarships are available to students attending accredited institutions of higher education approved by Centennial Bermuda Foundation and are granted at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee based on eligibility requirements.
In keeping with Centennial’s focus on equity and access, all scholarship applicants must demonstrate financial need. Financial need is based on a family’s ability to pay for post-secondary education and the Foundation is guided by statistical data on household incomes in Bermuda. Evidence of academic ability and potential for success are also key requirements for eligibility.
Centennial supports students pursuing a wide range of interests including the arts, business, vocational and trades, postgraduate, medicine, law and other courses of study. MORE DETAILS COMING EARLY DECEMBER 2023 ON OUR SCHOLARSHIP OFFERINGS.
Submission Deadline: Applications are due on April 15, 2024
Applications are reviewed and shortlisting of applicants is conducted by the Scholarship Committee (the “Committee”) from April – May.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview early-mid June and the Committee will notify recipients as soon as possible following interviews.
The Annual Reception is typically held at the end of July or early August.
Information on the Scholarship Committee Members can be found here.
Questions? Contact Terré Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
History / Background
In the mid-1970’s the Bank of Bermuda Limited began offering scholarships to Bermudian students. The scholarships were traditionally named in honour of those who held positions of leadership within the Bank, and were directed to students based on academic accomplishments, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. Centennial Bermuda Foundation now administers the scholarship programme and over the years has created new scholarships with a requirement that students demonstrate financial need in addition to academic ability.
For information on previous scholarship recipients, please see the links below.
Click to download (you may need to right-click and Save As.)